Promoting the next generation of local surfers
Club session for local kids on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm until 6.30pm from Easter until the end of October at Sandend.
See our Facebook Page for other times. All sessions are subject to the surf conditions but I'll post any changes with as much notice as possible.
Contact me to book/join as there are limited spaces on each session or the kids Tuesday evening lessons can be booked here.
Annual Membership £15 per adult & £10 per child (under 18) via the Scottish Surfing
Federation (SSF) of which the SSF retain £5 per member and the rest goes to the Club.
Then kids can join in club sessions & lessons at the following discounted rates:
- Lesson with Suds Surf School (SSS) including equipment £20 for kids
- Supervised session with complete kit hire £15 (£10 hire of surfboard & wetsuit/boots etc from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with surfboard hire £10 (£5 hire of surfboard from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with wetsuit hire £10 (£5 hire of wetsuit from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with no hire £5 (£5 to club).
Other Club Membership Benefits:
- Worldwide 3rd Party Surfing Liability Insurance
- Access to funding for coaching, judging, competing, training, equipment & facilities via Local Sports Council / SportScotland
- Social events such as BBQ, intra & inter club competitions & fundraisers.
- Club member 20% discount for equipment bought via Suds Surf School.
Criteria for joining club:
- New members must be at a proficient enough level to be safe and not need intensive assistance during the supervised club sessions.
- Suds Surf School to provide lessons to potential new members until the club are satisfied that the surfer has reached a competent enough level to be allowed to join the club sessions.
- No minimum age but minimum ability or parent must be in water to assist member.
- To participate in supervised club sessions (not lessons) either a parent or legal guardian must be present or a certificate issued from a swimming pool lifeguard or other suitably qualified person stating that the person can swim 50 metres unaided. For lessons with Suds Surf School a swim certificate or parent aren't required.