Suds Surf School are now running a club called the Moray Firth Surf Riders which is affiliated to the Scottish Surfing Federation (SSF). We have won the Gathering of the Clans club competition and aim to assist local kids to progress from beginners to competent surfers and hopefully emulate Andrew Robertson, one of Suds Surf sponsored riders, the 2015 Scottish Junior Champion and winner of the Open section of the Gathering of the Clans - no mean feat at 17 years old! We jointly run the Sandend Grom Comp in October aimed at junior surfers and have several club members who have been on the podium at this event and at the Scottish Nationals based in April at Thurso. Surfing, teambuilding and educational activities available for school, community and corporate groups. We aim to be inclusive and welcome people with disabilities providing we are satisfied there won't be an insurmountable safety implication. Standup paddle board lessons & hire and coasteering also available to under 18s if a parent or legal guardian is present.
Lessons and activities are available for any groups and we aim to be inclusive to all abilities. Activities can be adapted to allow for educational elements to be included on request e.g. coastal geography, wildlife, weather and climate. Team building exercises can also be included on request. We are a Registered Activity Provider with Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils. We are Disclosure Scotland registered and we adhere to the SLSGB Child Protection Policy. Please ask for prices.
Suds Surf School are now running a club for budding local surfers:
MORAY FIRTH SURF RIDERS
JOIN THE CLUB AND LEARN TO SURF
Club session Saturday or Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings at Sandend.
See our Facebook Page for times. All sessions are subject to the surf conditions but I'll post any changes with as much notice as possible.
Contact me to book/join as there are limited spaces on each session.
Annual Membership £15 per adult & £10 per child (under 16) via the Scottish Surfing
Federation (SSF) of which the SSF retain £5 per member and the rest goes to the Club.
Then you can join in club sessions at the following discounted rates:
- Lesson with Suds Surf School (SSS) including equipment £20
- Supervised session with complete kit hire £15 (£10 hire of surfboard & wetsuit/boots etc from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with surfboard hire £10 (£5 hire of surfboard from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with wetsuit hire £10 (£5 hire of wetsuit from SSS, £5 to club)
- Supervised session with no hire £5 (£5 to club).
- Worldwide 3rd Party Surfing Liability Insurance
- Access to funding for coaching, judging, competing, training, equipment & facilities via Local Sports Council / SportScotland
- Social events such as BBQ, intra & inter club competitions & fundraisers.
- Club member 20% discount for equipment bought via Suds Surf School.
Criteria for joining club:
- New members must be at a proficient enough level to be safe and not need intensive assistance during the supervised club sessions.
- Suds Surf School to provide lessons to potential new members until the club are satisfied that the surfer has reached a competent enough level to be allowed to join the club sessions.
- No minimum age but minimum ability or parent must be in water to assist member.
- To participate in club sessions either a parent or legal guardian must be present or a certificate issued from a swimming pool lifeguard or other suitably qualified person stating that the person can swim 50m unaided.